Yas Marina comes to Forza Motorsport later this month, free to all players.
Today on Forza Monthly we introduced you to Forza Motorsport Update 2, featuring new Spotlight cars to race in the Prestige Tour and our first post-release track, Yas Marina, with 4 unique layouts for you to master.
Live content can be enjoyed in a variety of ways in Forza Motorsport, from Career mode to Featured Multiplayer and Rivals. We’ll have new events lighting up in these areas of the game accompanying each game update.
Game Fixes and Release Notes
Like we do for Forza Horizon 5 updates, we’ll start with some of the notable fixes and improvements you can look forward to in this Forza Motorsport update.
Below you can find the highlights of what will be fixed or improved upon in Update 2 based on the reports we’re reading from you. We’ll share the full release notes on November 14 once the update begins rolling out for download.
- Many fixes to improve overall game stability and reduce crashes across all platforms.
- Fixed issue where players can view and unlock tunes and vinyls shared by other players.
- Fixed issue causing black paint shade to show up as grey instead of black.
- Fixed issue where only the inner barrel on factory rims is paintable.
- Fixed issue requiring shaders to recompile every time Forza Motorsport is started on AMD chipsets.
- Fixed specific game crash that occurs if headphones are plugged into the front panel.
- Fixes to matchmaking as a group, party management, and invites and joins across multiplayer.
- Fixes to ensure custom liveries show up more consistently across multiplayer game modes.
- Fixes to address cases where Intermission/Launch Countdown would take much longer than expected before the start of multiplayer races.
- Fixes to automatic wet tire selection when entering an event, and fixes to fuel estimation logic.
- Fixes to title stability when resuming from a suspended state on console.
- Fixed issue in the Featured Multiplayer menu where countdown timer would appear on Series that had not yet started.
- Adjusted event schedule to provide more variation in Event start times.
- Fixed issue where Race End timer did not appear for players who had already finished the race.
- Fixed an issue where players could encounter an infinite loading screen when saving a Quick Upgrade in the Builders Cup Career Mode.
- Resolved an exploit related to changing car tune mid-race.
- Fixed issue where the game becomes stuck in the “new content update” loop when entering the main menu.
- Fixes to Replays in scenarios where Replays do not start playing, the cars do not move, or they float.
- Fixed issue with a forced camera change at the start of a race.
- Fixed a number of Builders Cup exploits allowing high class cars into lower class series and events.
- Fixed issues related to loss of progression or save data.
- Fixed a number of visual scene transitions
- Fixed a bug where replaying a series with a high standing didn’t replace the series trophy with the improved trophy.
- Fixed issue with the 2018 Porsche 718 Cayman GTS Sport Roll Cage visual upgrade option, which removes the roof of the car when viewed in first-person.
- Fixed tuning stat comparison indicators within the car upgrades menu.
- Fixed issue that prevented the Thrustmaster T248 LED screen from displaying race position information.
New updates will continue to introduce further fixes and improvements to Forza Motorsport. You can find the list of items we are currently investigating in our Known Issues tracker. Help our team to reproduce and fix the issues you’re experiencing in Forza Motorsport by reporting them in our Forza Troubleshooting Hub.
New Track – Yas Marina Circuit
As one of the most technologically advanced tracks ever constructed, Yas Marina is a modern marvel, seamlessly blending cutting-edge architecture with thrilling racing and the shimmering waters of Abu Dhabi.
Yas Marina has been rebuilt for Forza Motorsport with its up-to-date race season layout, which includes a more flowing hairpin for better racing and overtaking opportunities. The track, located in Abu Dhabi, has 4 unique layouts for you to master: the 3.28-mile Full Circuit, the North Corkscrew, the North Circuit and the South Circuit. Set your fastest lap time on each layout using your favorite car builds in Time Attack with leaderboards available for all car classes in Forza Motorsport.
We’ve refreshed some existing Tours of Motorsport in the Builders Cup to feature the new Yas Marina layouts, including Built for Sport, Premium Performance, C8 Challenge and S Class Open Series. You’ll also get to experience the track in the new Prestige Tour, as well as the Forza GT and Forza Touring Car Spec Series in Featured Multiplayer, and Featured Rivals events.
Editor’s Note (11/13/2023): To prevent a progression bug, Yas Marina will not be added to existing Builders Cup Series in Update 2. However, you can still enjoy the track in the Open Class and Prestige tours during Update 2, as well as Featured Multiplayer. The team is investigating the bug and look forward to adding Yas Marina to additional series in a future update.
Spotlight Cars – Update 2
Get ready to expand your garage at a discount. New Spotlight cars are featured in the Showroom every week, available for you to acquire with a 30% discount using in-game credits. These cars can be used in the Prestige Tour, as well as Spotlight Series events in Featured Multiplayer and Rivals.
VIP Members also receive an exclusive 15% discount on the 2019 Ferrari Monza SP2 from November 16 until December 13.
Fresh Car Pass Drops – Update 2
Here is your Forza Motorsport Car Pass calendar for the next 4 weeks:
Car Pass includes 30 new-to-Motorsport cars with one released every week until Car Pass is complete. Get Car Pass today in the Forza Motorsport Deluxe and Premium Editions.
New Career Series – Prestige Tour
Prestige is something that must be earned, combining elusive, elegant quality with unmatched performance, technical innovation and a storied heritage. These are the dream cars of every automotive enthusiast, evoking emotions like wonder and awe in their drivers.
The Prestige Tour begins with the British GT Series, an exploration of the famous marques that have made the country so famous in the automotive space. It continues with the V12 Power Series where you’ll experience the power and harmony of mighty V12 engines in some of the most elusive cars of the past 20 years. You’re then invited to take on the fastest production cars ever made in the Maximum Velocity Series before finally discovering the world of limited-production supercars in the Boutique Builds Series, blending art with performance like nothing else on the track.
These series do not have to be completed in a particular week – you have until December 28, 2023, to complete the Prestige Tour, so you can enjoy these events at your own pace.
Complete all 4 Prestige Tour series to unlock a car that requires no introduction, the 2011 Lamborghini Sesto Elemento. You will be rewarded with this car regardless of how you finish in each race or the overall series.
New Career Series – Italian Open Tour
For Update 2, the Builders Cup Open Class Tour celebrates Italian manufacturers. Build and compete against iconic marques like Lamborghini, Maserati, and Ferrari on the racetrack to claim the coveted 2015 Ferrari 488 GTB.
All 4 Open Tour series (C, B, A, S) will be available on November 16. You have until December 14, 2023, to complete this series.
New Featured Multiplayer Series – Spec and Open Events
Here’s a look at the Featured Multiplayer calendar for Update 2:
Vintage Le Mans Sportscars – November 16-22
Race legendary cars that are as beautiful as they are brutal. Only the bravest and most skilled drivers can handle these classic racers at the limit.
Subaru BRZ Spec Series – November 23-29
Take part in a true test of driver skill in a handling masterclass.
The Birth of Grand Prix – November 9-December 6
Discover classic open wheel racers that epitomized the pioneering spirit of motorsport.
Forza P2 Series – December 7-13
Race to the limit and compete for the podium in one of the most competitive classes in motorsport.
Featured Rivals – Update 2 Calendar
Challenge your skills across 5 new Featured Rivals highlighting a Spotlight car every week, as well as a special event on Yas Marina Full Circuit, featuring an equally luxurious car, the 2020 Koenigsegg Jesko.
VIP Members can also look forward to a monthly-long event featuring the 2019 Veloster N Forza Edition on Lime Rock Full Circuit Alt.
Here’s the Forza Motorsport Rivals calendar for Update 2:
*VIP Rivals events require VIP Membership, available in the Premium Edition or Premium Add-Ons Bundle, sold separately.
See You at Yas Marina
Whether you’re racing at Yas Marina or playing the Prestige Tour, we’re excited for you to discover everything Update 2 brings to Forza Motorsport on November 14. Remember you can share your feedback about future cars, tracks and features on our official Forza Suggestions Hub.